Friday, December 4, 2015

Combining the Fauxbonichi with the bullet journal...

Just a quick post to share my Fauxbonichi/Bullet Journal pages from this week with you...


 I'm LOVING filling up these pages lately!  I wanted to dress up my bullet journal a little; and combining it with my Fauxbonichi has been a good solution. I don't do these pages every day, but I try to do at least a couple each week.  I like practicing different styles of drop caps.  Sometimes they are inspired by fonts I find on pinterest (like the "I" above); and sometimes I make them up (like the "f" below).  The three patterned squares on the right are from the Tangle Tuesday challenge in the Fauxbonichi Journalers Facebook Community.



On this page the present, monogram, and List of Things that Make Our Home Cozy, are all my take on prompts from the Fauxbonichi Journalers.

I've wanted to do an illustrated journal for quite awhile, but my efforts to do a formal one have never gotten going; and I think that's because, well, because it felt too formal!  HA.  The fauxbonichi doesn't feel that way and that's why I'm loving it!  I can do a quick drawing, or no drawing, or stick stickers in or WHATEVER.  It's fun to make each page different, with no pressure.

Thanks for visiting!  I really appreciate you! 

5 comments:

Kim T said...

These pages are like candy to my eyes! Love the colors, patterns, lettering ... you're so so good. Question ... what specific notebook or journal are you using, I think my question is more about the paper thickness/durability than anything else ... you use both sides, what about bleed thru? I just ordered a starter pack of Tombow markers for my stocking, can't wait to open them ... so maybe the answer is that Tombow's don't bleed?? I regret buying a Copic, it bleeds thru horribly! Thanks for wading thru this, really enjoy your posts, glad you're back!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! LOVING the present on the second set of pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Thanks so much Kim and Julie! Kim, I am currently using an Inkwell Press journal. It has the thickest, most wonderful paper I have ever found! There is no bleed thru or even shadowing with the tombows. The bad news is they are out of stock until spring. You will love your Tombows! You can use them on a wide variety of papers with no bleed thru! Tombows are my very favorite pen of all time! I love them so much! Have fun with yours!

Unknown said...

I have come to a screeching halt on art and art journaling. I work full-time and my weekends it seems I can't sit down to create. I admire your daily discipline and creativity every day. How do you do it?

Air Fryer Recipes said...

Greeat read